Military Analyst III
Department: Range Development and Training
Location: Flexible / Military Installations CONUS and OCONUS
Basic Function and Scope of Responsibilities
Network and computer systems administrators will be responsible for the installation and day-to-day operation of an military’s gunnery range computer networks and software. Candidate will organize, install, and support an military’s gunnery range computer systems, including local area networks (LANs), wide area networks (WANs), network segments, intranets, and other data communication systems.
- Perform diagnostics of network/server issues
- Update and maintain network/system devices and documentation
- Configure and deploy new network devices
- Configure and deploy server solutions
- Stay current with shifting technologies
- Be a proven problem-solver/trouble shooter
- Excel in a team-driven environment
- Flexible and with an ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously with accuracy
- Proven understanding of basic network and server security best practices with experience in the following: Networking – configuring Endpoint switches (preferably but not limited to Cisco); building network ACLS; troubleshooting endpoint connectivity; VLAN network segmentation and subnet management; troubleshooting wireless networks
- Server Systems – managing Windows File Server; managing Microsoft Exchange; running server updates and maintenance; VMWare, Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, GPO; supporting mobile devices, Windows and OSX; Basic knowledge of Linux/Unix systems; Basic knowledge of data storage solutions and SAN protocols
- Be willing to travel for extended periods of time CONUS/OCONUS
- Be able to pass a back ground check.
- Be able to pass a drug screening.
- CCI/TII and Government Acceptance Tests of new range installations
- Developing Training scenarios for small arms ranges, and Abrams/ Bradley scenarios for multi-lane maneuver live fire ranges
- Assist in lesson plan development and conduct training in support of fielding new equipment or systems
- Up to 70% travel
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned